8.07.2009

John Smith

In the ressurection, I think it likely God will rename us. He's known to have done that. I wonder if we'll all have a different name to reflect the truth that he cares for each of us. But then I think about my social security number. Each of us have been given a different number, but this does not necessarily mean that the SSA cares for each of us. Then I think of twins and how they are two people. What makes them distinct souls to God?

Maybe I should go for a walk. Perhaps the East River would enjoy my company for a few minutes.


-C

2 comments:

  1. I think that God will give us new names, Corey. Although I'm not sure why you want a new name, yours is pretty nice and rolls off the tongue easily. Do you know how many people there are named Mike in this world? Or better yet, have the last name Williams? It's ridiculous :) Sometimes I wish my mother had given me a good solid Spanish name, like Ferdinand, or Chantay. Miss you buddy, hoping to see you when the baby comes.
    (Plain old common) Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferdinand...We don't have a middle name for little Elias yet... I like to think about God giving us new names.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete