7.24.2009

Two Random Thoughts

First, I'm glad to say that I have boldly and happily shared at least elements of the gospel with two people. It's an opportunity and responsibility I haven't taken up faithfully in a while. I'm glad that God has enlivened our hearts to this. I want people to know the truth, but my fear and self-preservation instincts have been hard to overcome. Leann has been doing a good job initiating friendly conversation with people we meet, which itself is very difficult for her. God is working in our hearts. Of this we are both sure.

Second, and totally unrelated, my computer died the other day while I was backing it up. I had just started, so most of my old files were still on my computer; pictures videos, podcasts, and a bunch of documents. Well, to make a long story short. I went to www.bootdisk.com and was able to create a bootable cdrom (for 4$) on Leann's computer, which I then used to boot up my computer. I got back on the old MSDOS bicycle and am right now copying all the files I thought I'd lost to my usb hard drive. If anything like this has ever happened to you, you know how much money I just saved by recovering my files myself instead of paying a techie. The other part is that my computer is still broke, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do, since I need a computer to do almost all of the work I am doing. For now I use Leann's, but she goes home in less than 2 weeks, but don't get me started on that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your computer...so pumped to hear that at least the files worked out...and SO pumped to find your blog, you guys...I miss you DEARLY...I am wondering if Leann has the same cell number..I've been calling for a bit and haven't seemed to get through...

    ReplyDelete