7.16.2009

Quick Update

All,
I thought it would be encouraging to give a quick update on our progress here. Our family is doing well, as you have seen in previous posts. We are quickly finding ways to be of service to The Gallery Church. I am beginning to invest heavily in to the membership strategy of the church. This will enable the pastors of the church to provide better pastoral care. Also, it will encourage an accountable, involved membership. I am excited about this work. Leann has begun to think about doing art (and possibly music) camps, which, like the Church's Easter egg hunt, will be a great outreach opportunity.
Leann is going home to Clarksville in a couple of weeks to work for 6-8 weeks before Elias is born. Pray for us during this time. We have never been apart for more than a week.
We are in need financially. We have sent out support letters, hoping that our brothers and sisters back home will partner with us in our ministry here. We have begun to receive financial support, but will need much more help if we are to be established here. If you have not considered supporting our ministry financially, please do even if you don't know us personally. Check out this post for more details on how to support us.
I am getting in gear to start teaching guitar lessons, which should be great in several ways. It will be an evangelistic opportunity, a chance for me to use my talents, and a supplement to my income. I don't start teaching at Evangel till September, but I'm already working on that as well. I'm excited about working there, as the job allows me to work and minister at the same time.
That's probably more than you wanted to read, so I'll leave the rest for later. We are greatly encouraged that God is doing a good work in our hearts and in our church and in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment